• Two Dogs Bark About Art and Cheese

Rena: Emmy had lunch at the cafe at the Museum of International Folk Art. I can smell it on her shirt—nachos with cheese and beef. We should have been invited.

Teddy: I love cheese!

Rena: All she brought back was a bunch of pictures of dogs and cats. It's no surprise to me that artists include pets; after all, we're family.

Teddy: I love beef!

Rena: Dogs are included in serious art, like the dog mourning its owner, and in ridiculous pieces, like the poor dog lifting its leg at the Last Supper.

Teddy:  That reminds me, I sort of have to go. Why does that yellow dog look so sad?

Rena: I told you, he's in mourning for his owner.

Teddy: We hike in the morning, but that's not sad. Doesn't the yellow dog like to hike?

Rena: Never mind. Look at that cat! I'd love to wipe that smirk off his face.

Teddy: Did Emmy say what kind of cheese?

Rena: For heaven's sake! Ask her yourself.

Teddy: OK! Um, mirror, mirror on the wall, have you any cheese at all?

Rena: I can't believe you're begging a photograph for cheese.

Teddy: OK, I'll try beef. Mirror, mirror . . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment